Submit a Post
- All users must be registered to submit posts or comments to AJNR Blog.
- Once registered/logged in, click the ‘Site Admin’ link under the Meta heading at the top left of the page if you are not already in your administrative area. Once there, click the ’Add New’ link under the posts tab on your administration page. This will call up your editing interface.
- Fill in the title, body, tags, and categories sections. It is very important that you categorize posts properly. First check the list of existing categories and select any applicable listings. Please note that categories are used for general topics, and you should only use the pre-existing categories provided. For more specific topics, use tags. Example. “Brain” would be a category listing. “Wernicke encephalopathy” would be a tag listing.
- Once these areas have been filled in properly, you may click the ‘Submit for Review’ link. Posts will not appear online until a moderator has approved them.
- To add an image within the body of your post, click the image icon next to the ‘Upload/Insert’ heading above the main text box. Here, you will be able to upload your image and select its alignment as well as add a caption. For best results, please choose to align the image to the right, and do not choose to display the image at its full size. It is recommended that users upload files from their own computer as opposed to linking to images on the internet.
A NOTE ABOUT THE EDITING INTERFACE: We do not recommend pasting content from a Microsoft Word document into the web editor. This may result in formatting errors within your submission. Post authoring should be done in the editing interface if possible. If you’ve already written the post in Microsoft Word, you should copy it into the ‘Paste from Word’ button. To call up ‘Paste from Word’, click the ‘Show/Hide Kitchen Sink’ button all the way to the right of your editor, and you should see the ‘Paste from Word’ option.
Submit a Comment
- To submit a comment concerning an existing post, click the ‘Leave a reply’ link. If you are not registered or logged in, you will be prompted to do so.
- If you reference any article in your comment, please provide a link to it.
- Comments will not appear on the site until approved by a moderator.
- If you are viewing the contents of a post on the homepage, an archive page, or a search page, click the title of the post to bring up the full listing. Then follow the instructions above.
Users have the ability to upload a personal photo to their profile. This photo will be used when a user authors a blog post or a comment and will appear alongside the user’s full name and affiliated institution.
Once in the Site Admin section, click your username at the top right of the screen. Scroll down, and under the Institution section of your Profile you will see the option to upload a photo. Please be aware that the file size limit for your image file is 2 MB.
The ShareThis Widget
At the bottom right of each post, you should see a link that says ‘ShareThis’. Clicking this link will provide you the option of indexing that blog post on a number of social bookmarking sites like Digg or Reddit, posting it to networking sites like Facebook or MySpace as well as emailing a link to someone you know. If you’ve found a post especially interesting, we encourage you to make use of this feature.
For questions regarding post or comment submission or for general questions regarding AJNR Blog, please contact Jason Gantenberg.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Users must use the website in a lawful manner. This includes refraining from engaging in any activity that could potentially impair, damage, or hamper in any way the website’s operation or cause access to be interrupted or prevented.
The user holds sole responsibility for all communications including but not limited to posts, comments, images, and links sent from the user’s computer to the website. AJNR Blog may not be used for the following:
- To mislead users or the website as to the originality or origin of the content or affiliation to the listed institution required upon registration to the website.
- For fraudulent purposes or for any illegal activity.
- To send, use or re-use any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, harmful, defamatory, obscene or menacing racist, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, in breach of confidence, infringes any intellectual property rights or is otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any spam.
- To cause harassment or engage in trolling.
- To reproduce, duplicate copy or resell any part of AJNR Blog. Permission to reproduce elements of the site may be obtained by contacting Mary Harder.
Failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions will result in deletion of your account and banning any future engagement or registration attempts by the user with AJNR Blog.
The material provided on AJNR Blog is for educational and discussion purposes only and does not serve as a replacement for private, independent counsel from a physician or other health professional. Furthermore, the opinions, advice, and other remarks provided on AJNR Blog by post authors are not necessarily those of the American Journal of Neuroradiology, its editors, or the American Society of Neuroradiology and should not be considered to reflect the recommendations of the Journal.
Authors and readers should keep in mind that all information is provided “as is”. Those with dissenting or alternate viewpoints on a particular topic are encouraged to share their opinions with one another. Consequently, the American Journal of Neuroradiology is not responsible for the functionality or content of sites to which links are provided within the bodies of posts or comments.
The AJNR Blog does not accept advertisements.